So... I'm a 25 year old, fit, healthy Melbournian girl... and I just thought I'd give myself a challenge; I've decided to go 77 days carb free! Well, 'carb' free is impossible, so I'm going 'refined-carb' free (processed carbs)....

Details of what I can & can't have are listed here... Also, I will allow myself the odd 'treat' if I'm out to dinner etc. But will NOT treat myself with maccas just coz I'm hung-over!!

Feel free to pass on some low-carb recipes for me... I'll be posting some good ones that I discover :)

Monday, August 23, 2010

Raindrops on Roses, and Whiskers on Kittens!!

Two weeks down and I feel FANTASTIC!! I don't know if I look any different, or weigh any less, but I feel light as a feather, I'm sleeping better, and I never feel bloated - WIN!

So, this past week has been totes easy, in a hard way... that made no sense.... but I've been very proud of how well I've done!

This past week...actually AND the coming week, are all about theatre... Theatre, Theatre and more Theatre!! (I'll try to add as many 'theatre puns' in this post, as I can)

On Monday, one of my bext friends came home from Sydney, where he has been performing in West Side Story.. He arrived and exclaimed "Kiss Me Kate!", and then we all went out to dinner at... *gulp* La Porchetta!!
I quiet confidently ordered my chicken salad, and consumed it guilt free :)
I was surrounded by pizzas, chips, pasta "and all that jazz", but didn't even feel the urge to sneak "ONE, singular sensation-al" chip! Yay me!

Then on Friday night I went to see 'The Wiz', it was woeful, and so I had a wine. I think I earnt it; "I am still in shock, Who produced this shlock? That slimey, sleazy Max Bialystock... What a BUM!" (ps. he totes didnt really produce it)

Saturday night I was hanging out with some friends "somewhere" and was surrounded again, by pizza, chips and garlic bread. I decided (as I originally said I would give myself some night's off for special occasions) that I'd have a couple of naughty moments. So I had a couple of crackers with sundried tomatoes on them, and the most outrageously small serving of pasta I've ever seen - it pretty much wasn't even worth it. It would be lucky to have been 1/2 a cup :) And didn't eat "my favourite things"; pizza or garlic bread! Again, YAY! I also drank mineral water - no alcohol.

Sunday night I went to see West Side Story, in Melbourne, and had a couple of 'on the house' wines - it was opening night and I was mingling with the likes of Geoffery Rush, Rhonda Birchmore and Gina Ryley - I had to look like I was totes important and "Popular"!!

Annnyway, I'm in the theatre allll this week for our school production. Today, I was too busy to even realise I hadn't eaten... I assume the rest of the week will be just as busy so it's going to be easy for me to not eat carbs, coz I'm pretty much not going to be eating anything!! I took a manderine, dried fruit and a salad today and didn't realise till 4pm that I hadn't eaten, at which point I inhaled my salad :)

It should be a pleasently, theatrically, non-carb loaded week - and I am excited coz there's "No business like show-business"

No comments:

Post a Comment