So... I'm a 25 year old, fit, healthy Melbournian girl... and I just thought I'd give myself a challenge; I've decided to go 77 days carb free! Well, 'carb' free is impossible, so I'm going 'refined-carb' free (processed carbs)....

Details of what I can & can't have are listed here... Also, I will allow myself the odd 'treat' if I'm out to dinner etc. But will NOT treat myself with maccas just coz I'm hung-over!!

Feel free to pass on some low-carb recipes for me... I'll be posting some good ones that I discover :)

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 2 - Attack of the Knighted Pizza

Bonjoir n shit!!

So it's been less than 48 hours and I've already leapt over my first proverbial hurdle! Today I happily strolled into the staffroom at lunch time only to be confronted by something horrific...in fact.. MONSTEROUS...

It went something like this:
I had just finished eating my celery whilst on yard duty and was making my way back to the staffroom. I had lost all feeling in my extremities and I was hurrying in anticipation of being reunited with the aforementioned feelings - and also of having an adult conversation.

(As opposed to the following which I had, only moments earlier, had with a student:
Jason: Miss, Trent called me a 'drama-fag'
Me: Trent, can you not use that word, it's extremely offensive
Student B: But he called me a dickhead!
....it continued around in circles, as I'm sure you can imagine...)

BACK TO THE STORY
As the staffroom door opened, my body warmed instantly thanks to the heaters, but straight away I realised something was happening that I hadn't mentally prepared myself for. Not at all. There was an aroma in the air that engulfed my lungs, tingled my nostrils, and viciously raped my tastebuds till my mouth was drowning in non-consensual saliva...

The students from the cooking class had decided to whip up fresh mushroom & asparagus soup and fresh homemade pizzas, bases and all, for all of their favourite teachers. There was literally a plate and a cup with my name on it...
Imagine if you will, a small pizza instantly sprouting mini muscley legs, and small yet masculine arms that bear a sword and a shield...
Imagine then, that this knighted pizza jumps up and stabs me right in the heart. Twice. That's what I imagined. And that's what it felt like.
Awkward for the other staff, seeing my obviously outrageous reaction to what would have appeared to them as ordinary pizzas.
Anyway, apart from that bullet, which I managed to artfully dodge (by simply running away) the past 2 days have been very successful and thus far, pleasant.

Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. omg missy i thought exactly the same thing...it is day three for me too, and feeling mighty ambitious and determined...however we are having lunch at Shadowfax winery on Sunday with friends....what is your take on alcohol consumption during this challenge? I was glad to see that no one had left me a pizza!
    Mxx

    ReplyDelete