So... I'm a 25 year old, fit, healthy Melbournian girl... and I just thought I'd give myself a challenge; I've decided to go 77 days carb free! Well, 'carb' free is impossible, so I'm going 'refined-carb' free (processed carbs)....

Details of what I can & can't have are listed here... Also, I will allow myself the odd 'treat' if I'm out to dinner etc. But will NOT treat myself with maccas just coz I'm hung-over!!

Feel free to pass on some low-carb recipes for me... I'll be posting some good ones that I discover :)

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 7 - One Week Down!

I have made it to the end of my first week in a reasonably comfortable fashion.

I’m going to liken the journey, thus far, to going for a drive in a Holden VL Commodore (circa ‘87). I mean, it goes alright, it runs in a reasonably efficient and unperturbed manner – disc brakes, power steering, FM radio and all that jazz. And although it doesn’t have the luxuries of the modern VY – no iPod connectivity, climate control or vegemite on toast, it does the trick – that is, it gets you from A to B.

This week my dinners included roasted veggie soup, a baked potato, veggie stir fry and chicken salad.
Breakfasts were cooked oats with cranberries, a berry smoothie or a veggie omelette.
Lunches were salads and left-overs, and snacks were dried fruit, nuts, carrots or celery.
A couple of my disciples (those who have decided to join me on my mission) have already buckled under the pressure, but these moments only make me stronger.
The feeling you get after someone offers you free KFC and you say “no” is better than ALL of the 11 herbs and spices put together!

After all NOTHING tastes as good as skinny feels!

Adios!

3 comments:

  1. hey, hey, so its monday morning..having my coffee fix...with no sugar and skinny milk...boy yesterday was a challenge too. shadowfax winery was simply amazing but the main dish on the menu was...WOODFIRED PIZZA!!! Ughh...so i went straight fr a cualiflower soup and an antipasto plate which, without the bread..week two...bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok....so i was the one who buckled under the pressure...pizza at rehearsal yesterday provided by the P&F...and boy do i regret eating it after a week of no refined carbs!...so i'm back on the wagon ( or riding shotgun in the commodore!!)
    did well today..just oats/fruit and a cup of soup! maybe an omelette for tea!! yum!

    ReplyDelete